Welcome to the Class Portal for English 297EE, Spring 2007. This space will be a central location for linking to blogs, making class announcements, and posting links to articles of interest.

4.11.2007

Just like being there

I thought we looked at some really interesting ways that some blogs are using multimedia. Obviously, using images, videos, and sound are pretty common in blogs, but how these things get used in the service of the blog's purpose is where it's worth focusing our attention.

So, how have you been using multimedia? How do you present images, video, or sound? How might the multimedia be used in relation to the purpose or operating theme of your blog? What's the relationship of the multimedia to the text?

1 comment:

Ludakristi said...

I've been using images mostly to offer whoever reads my blog something other than text. Sometimes I use them to break up longer pieces; other times I use them in the beginning of the post to introduce my topic. It's hard to apply these questions to my blog because my blog is so random; however, it is starting to focus a bit on my teaching application, so there may be more reasons to use multimedia soon.